It is imperative that you change your mindset on employment. Never has there been a better time for the entrepreneurial mindset. Let’s explore 5 keys to success in today’s ever-changing economy.
1. You must be counter-intuitive in your thought process. No longer can you simply follow the crowd and enjoy success. Following will no longer be an acceptable pathway to success. Coattails are no longer being left for you to grab onto.
2. You must ignore and avoid conformity. Our society is more dependent on conformity then at any time in our history. It is this very conformity that has permeated our education institutions and is molding robotic behaviors. These behaviors are doomed for constant failure.
3. You must despise mediocrity. Refusing to accept whatever is most easily available is a first step in blazing your trail to success. Mediocrity is your enemy and any promotion or acceptance of this deadly disease leaves you vulnerable to victimization.
4. You must think accurately and take inventory of the abundance that surrounds you. One of the staples of our past economic strength was the concept of getting and education and following up with a good job. Job has become a code word for failure. Trading time for money will never allow you to accumulate wealth. Time is finite and as such you will limit your earning ability.
5. You must embrace your entrepreneurial spirit. Yes, you have this gift laying dormant at the entrance of your mind. Creating opportunity is far superior to waiting on others to determine you future. The entrepreneurial spirit understands and acknowledges abundance. There is no scarcity, and therefore no fear of failure can be real.
The entrepreneurial spirit allows you to maximize your greatest asset, which is YOU! Your self-improvement and development creates the value you can offer to others. This value is exchanged for your compensation. If you wish to increase earnings then you simply need to increase the amount of service you provide to others. The concept of employment is the trading of time for money. The most successful people in the society are not trading time for money, they are creating value for service.
The fear you face is a lack of confidence in your abilities to create value. Being an entrepreneur is simply the freedom to create value that you trade with others for compensation. The most difficult hurdle in this process is that you are required to think. That’s all just think, yet the vast majority of people find this repulsive. Sitting down and thinking for 30 minutes a day is a totally foreign concept to those who seek employment.
The pathway to success is laid out brick by brick in the mindset and spirit of entrepreneurialism. I will lay out a series of articles geared to help you find your entrepreneurial spirit and help you develop YOU, INC.