UHello everyone! Are you a big fan of designer denim? Have you always wanted a pair of True Religion jeans, but do not live near a store that sells them? Well there is always the option of buying them online, which is very convenient for just about everybody! The only problem that arises with buying online is- "Are they authentic? How do you tell? How do you know you are not getting ripped off?" Well in this article, I will discuss a few ways that YOU yourself can learn to spot the REAL DEAL versus the FAKES! Ready?
First off, you must know that True Religion jeans are very, VERY expensive. There are the regular stitched True Religion jeans, the BIG T stitched (with thicker stitching), and the SUPER T stitched (with super thick stitching). The Super T's are the most expensive, around $ 319 per pair. Your first clue to whether or not the jeans you want are safe to buy is: PRICE. If they are too cheap, then chances are they are FAKE. However, this is not always the case. I have seen countless fakes being sold at very high prices. So look out! Pay attention to details !!
Details such as the stitching, shape of the horseshoes, inner pattern on the pockets, rivets, placement of the back logo patch, inseam length, material, inner tags, and even the belt loops are all ways to tell the difference between a REAL pair and a FAKE pair. I will cover each one of these for you.
1. Stitching: Real True Religion jeans have stitching throughout the jeans that is comparable to regular thread. It is very clean, even, and without flaws, such as running out of the lines or being stitched on top of. It is very professionally done, and does not look like a two year old tried to sew them. Fake pairs tend have have stitching that looks more like yarn, and gets fuzzy looking. It is often sloppy, with a lot of mistakes.
2. Horseshoe shape: The back horseshoes on the pockets should be evenly places inside of the back pockets. This is a huge clue, as MANY and MOST fakes can not get this right. Authentic True Religion jeans have horseshoes that are centered evenly from the top to bottom, and left to right. They are not narrow in shape.
3. Inner pockets: True Religion jeans have small red Buddhas on the inner pocket lining. They are small, evenly spaced, and red. FAKE pairs have larger Buddhas are often very faded (or barely there), maroon in color, and the pocket material looks tan, not white. The pocket material should be white, with smaller red buddhas.
4. Rivets: The rivets near the front coin pockets are made out of a metal-like material. They are never plastic, which is commonly seen on fakes.
5. Placement of back True Religion logo patch: The back patch on authentic True Religion jeans is on the right hand side, all the way over to the right. It is commonly seen on fakes that the patch is more centered in the middle of the right hand side, which is a dead giveaway. Also, one must take note that the way the stitching around this label is done is VERY important. The back label should have red, EVEN stitching that is VERY neatly done around the entire patch. Fakes have stitching that is all over the place, and is over over-stitched in certain areas, or looks like the patch is about the fall off. Please note that many authentic True Religion patches are brown leather, as well as the red and white.
6. Inseam length: If you are buying a pair of brand new true Religion jeans, you are going to have a VERY long inseam length to start with. The inseam is usually at least 33 "long, and can be as long as 36" on some pairs. If your pair is brand new, and the inseam is only 32 "or less, then be aware that these may be fakes. Some older styles of True Religion jeans did actually have a shorter inseam around 32", but it is not very common anynore . Most fakes have s shorter inseam of about 32 "or 32.5". Please also note that if you are buying a preowned / used pair, the first owner may have had them hemmed, so please ask them before assuming they are fakes if they have a shorter inseam.
7. Material: The two most commonly used fabric types in True Religion jeans are 100% cotton (also known as RIGID) or 99% cotton 1% elastin (stretch). True Religion NEVER EVER uses Polyurethane in their blends, so if you see it, keep going- they are fake!
8. Inner tags: There are three inner tags, the one on top has a red Buddha that states the size, and says MADE IN USA. (The jeans are NEVER made in China!) On ther reverse of this tag is the material content, care instructions, RN and CA # 's on top. Then there is a cloth tag, that is smaller in side with a red horseshoe and strip across the bottom. On the reverse side of this tag is a serial code. Then last a paper tag underneath with style numbers (newer pairs even have the style name), PO numbers, CA, and RN numbers. Note that often times, the FAKE tags are slippery feeling, or waxy. They are often a brown tone as well, and are not white as they should be.
9. Belt loops: Fake True Religion jeans have VERY slanted side belt loops, almost crooked looking, like they are going sideways. They should NOT look like this!
~ So there you have it! I hope this guide has been somewhat helpful to you in your journey for a TRUE pair of TRUE RELIGION jeans! Good luck !!