If you already have some experience in internet marketing, you may know, that the key to driving targeted web traffic to your sites and making more sales and conversions is to become a multi-channel internet marketer. Doing just blog commenting or article marketing or PPC is simply dangerous. What if you lose that channel due to an external circumstance that you can’t control? Also, it looks and is more natural when information about your site is left in various places and backlinks come from different sources.
Even if you are using several traffic generation methods already, like article marketing, blog commenting, and forum posting, you should consider adding RSS marketing as another powerful way to increase your online exposure.
What is RSS
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is related to the feed of your blog or website. RSS is basically the standard of syndication for websites to syndicate their content. To see an RSS feed, you need a reader or aggregator.
Nowadays, most websites are equipped with a feed. If they don’t have it, there are different types of software that will create a feed for you.
5 Main Benefits of RSS marketing
- Feed is another way to display the content of your sites. Your visitors can subscribe to your feeds through various readers such as Goggle Reader, Yahoo, and Newsgator, and also through desktop applications or even through email, which increases your online exposure.
- People who subscribe to your feed are automatically updated whenever new content is published on your site or blog. That saves them, and you, lots of time and effort. They can quickly and easily read your new articles, and you don’t have to worry about preparing and sending the content to them manually.
- Your feed can be easily published on other blogs and submitted to directories. This creates backlinks to your website and drives more traffic.
- The delivery rate is said to be 100% which obviously outperforms any autoresponder service. However, for best results we recommend creating both an email subscribers list and RSS feed subscribers list.
- You can place ads in your feed. For example, you can synchronize your Feedburner feed with Google Adsense. This can bring you extra revenue.
RSS Marketing is a relatively inexpensive way of driving traffic to your websites. Even if you decide to invest in a good feed generator, it’s a small one time (in most cases) expense.